Here are a few suggestions for the official Vultr WHMCS module. All the changes below should be relatively quick & easy for Vultr to implement so I hope they make these changes soon
1. Update the docs (https://www.vultr.com/docs/vultr-whmcs-module
). Under the "Product Configuration" section it says that you should set the "Product Type" to "Dedicated/VPS Server" in WHMCS. If you do that then your customers will be asked for their host name, name servers & root password on the order page - which are not required, nor used. You are better off choosing the "Other" option in WHMCS as per the screenshot below so that your customers do not have to enter information that is not needed - see screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/h9XUP
2. Update the wording on the WHMCS "setup your server" page. "Turn on/off IPv6" should be "Turn on IPv6?" & "Turn on/off private network" should be "Turn on private network?". The original text just does not make sense - see screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/mMSnM
3. As we are reselling Vultr products to our customers we need to have these few thing white labelled so that our customers can not easily see that we are reselling Vulr products.
a) The dns servers need to be white labelled by default - ns1.vultr.com & ns2.vultr.com should be something like ns1.whitelabeldomain.com & ns2.whitelabeldomain.com - see screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/PsWvZ
b) The console url needs to be white labelled. Currently the url is "https://my.vultr.com/subs/vps
" but needs to be something like "https://my.whitelabeldomain.com/subs/vps
" - see screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/2L7Or
Unfortunately showing Vultrs name to our customers means that currently we cannot resell their products. I hope that Vultr can make these simple changes ASAP so that we can start reselling their products as the rest of the module works really well.
4. Add Windows Server 2016 to the Vultr library so we can sell it to our customers via the WHMCS module.
5. It would be good in the future (but not urgent) if we could edit & customise the template so we can make it look like the rest of our site.