Is there someone using instances at Seattle to attack Google Scholar?

edited May 2018 in Help
I have used two instances at Seattle as my proxy server (IP starts with 45), but when I access Google Scholar, they say "We're sorry...
... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now."
Yet , if I use an instance at Silicon Valley as my proxy server(IP starts with 144) , there is no problem. So I think probably the problem is not caused by the proxy program, instead, caused by the network at Seattle.
I want to use an instance at Seattle because it's faster to my local network than those at other places.

Comments

• I get a similar message when trying to access the google web site, from NJ and London.
    Sydney and LA are OK.

I'm wondering if google are trying to block addresses of known virtual hosts?
  • edited May 2018
    @jamie I think if someone use virtual hosts to DDOS google or do something else google don't like, their IPs and even their networks' IPs will be blocked by google. @VULTR may need to do something to prevent hosts used in wrong way.
  • Unfortunately, unless Google decides to send us abuse reports (which they don't do), there's not really a ton we can do about this. All of this traffic is encrypted, so we really can't say what any given customer is doing.
This discussion has been closed.