Help with private name servers setup

edited September 2015 in Help
Can we setup 1 set of private name servers that will work all of our Vultr servers & if so how do we do it? Our servers will be mainly Plesk on Windows..

What we want is something like ns1.mydomain.com & ns2.mydomain.com that will work on all our servers that are hosted by Vultr (each server will have it's own Plesk installed). We want something similar to the Vultr name servers: ns1.vultr.com (173.199.96.96) & ns2.vultr.com (173.199.96.97).

I am assuming we have to do at least 2 things but would appreciate some directions / clarification:

STEP 1: Setup glue/child records at our domain name host like ns1.mydomain.com / ns2.mydomain.com & point them to the same ip's that vultr uses 173.199.96.96 / 173.199.96.97 (or do we point them to our own reserved ip's?).

STEP 2: Add the name servers & ip's to "https://my.vultr.com/dns/".. example: ns1.mydomain.com / 173.199.96.96 & ns2.mydomain.com / 173.199.96.97.

Do we have to register each name server in every instance of Plesk so it knows about them?

Comments

• I'm thinking step 2 should be the host name & static ip address of the server (example: cloudserver1.mydomainname.com / xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx & then this should be registered in plesk?
  • seems like no one reply in 5 years are you still with vultr

This discussion has been closed.